Transportation’s Impact on Your Business
Rising transportation costs, traffic congestion and other commuting issues affect the well-being of your workforce.
Our region’s economic productivity and quality of life are severely threatened unless we find new approaches and programs to improve transportation to workplaces. Some commuting issues translate into direct dollar costs while others present less tangible, but very real effects upon your business and your employees:
- The ease or stress of commuting affects an employee’s job satisfaction, morale and productivity.
- Employees perceive their commute as an extension of their job experience.
- Job-seekers who cannot drive are challenged to find employment in locations not served by public transit.
- Some commuters would consider quitting their job or moving to avoid worsening congestion.
Avenues in Motion’s Employer Services address these issues in northwestern New Jersey, most at no cost. We are your local resource providing a suite of employer programs designed to fit your business, such as:
- Shuttles – First- and last-mile options for your transit commuters
- On-site events – In-person or virtual informational programs for your employees that cover the commuter tax benefit, alternative commute options, Bike to Work and more.
- Teleworking programs – providing options that work for everyone to attract and retain talent.
For more information on how Avenues in Motion can help your business, contact Anne Vivino at (973) 267-7600 ext. 101 or send her an email here.