Emergency Rides Home can be requested online here.
What is an Emergency Ride Home?Avenues in Motion offers a program for commuters who rideshare or take an alternative commute (carpool, vanpool, bicycle or mass transit) and need a ride home due to an emergency or unexpected illness. This program is a commuter’s safety net in cases of overtime for a carpool partner, illness, child’s illness, or other emergency.
Who is Eligible?
- Anyone who commutes by carpool, vanpool, bicycle, or public transit with a work destination in Avenues in Motion’s service area and is registered. Contact us to register your commute!
- Participating employee must ride-share or bike on average of 3 times per week.
- ERH usage is limited to two (2) times per year per person.
- The ERH is FREE!
How will I get home?There are several options available, like:
- Livery Service (used when too ill to drive or unable to drive)
- Rental Car (used when able to drive and returning to work the next day)
- Taxi Cab
4 Simple Steps To Your Ride Home
- The individual must register with Avenues in Motion.
- The individual will call Avenues in Motion for the ERH, or submit the online form here.
- Avenues in Motion will arrange for the appropriate ride home.
- The individual will have either a rental car, taxi, Lyft or livery service pick them up and may have to give their voucher to the driver.
Why does Avenues in Motion offer ERH?We offer an ERH Program to encourage people to leave single occupancy vehicles at home. We want to assure them that they can get home in an emergency situation. Avenues in Motion knows that many of the solutions to traffic congestion and air quality issues lie with commuters who travel by carpool, vanpool, bike or public transportation to and from work.
How can I get more information on the ERH Program?Call us today at (973) 267-7600.