In addition to cost savings through sharing a ride, vanpooling can cost even less – thanks to a statewide vanpool sponsorship program run by NJ TRANSIT with assistance from Avenues in Motion and local vanpool vendors.
- Eligible vanpool groups can qualify for $175.00 per month.
- Support increases to $325.00 per month if the vanpool travels on New Jersey’s High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lanes on the New Jersey Turnpike.
- Register your Vanpool through Avenues in Motion to take advantage of the sponsorship program.
Rules and Requirements:
- Vanpoolers must use a vanpool provider that is registered in the NJ TRANSIT sponsorship program.
- Vanpoolers must register their vanpool with NJ TRANSIT through a TMA (such as Avenues in Motion).
- Vanpoolers must provide annually a Journey to Work form and roster of riders.
- In instances of riders being added or removed, the vanpool must submit an updated form.
For more information, contact Justin Jenkins at (973) 267-7600 or send him an email here.